Empire Magazine discusses the gay subtext of 'Captain America: The Winter Solider."
- Chris Hewitt: Another core relationship in the film is Captain America and the Falcon.
- Helen O'Hara: Do you know what, I may have said this in the main podcast but honestly every beat of their relationship is exactly like a romance. Seriously. They got to ‘meet cute’ running along, then they bond over some spurious shared history, and then it’s all like ‘Oh I’m in real trouble & I just turned up at your door because you’re the one person I could think to go to for help”. And he’s all like “Sure use my shower.” I mean, come on people! And I think it works well using that kind of shorthand to create a kind of a friendship quite quickly. But honestly they are the ‘couple’ in the film.
- Chris: It’s interesting though, he spends the entire movie turning down exhortations from Natasha to ask women out, the ENTIRE movie.
- Helen: Hey it would be a great political statement if Captain America’s gay.
- Chris: “What about such-and-such from statistics?” “No, I’m not interested.” “What about such-and-such? What about your next door neighbour who’s really really hot?”
- Ali Plumb: “What about this one-armed cyborg man who you have history with..?”
- Chris: “…with the dreamy eyes and long hair.”
- Helen: He was looking dreamy it has to be said.
- http: //www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=40685
The Most Gorgeous Book Ever Has No Words Or Pictures, Just Color
This is the RGB Colorspace Atlas by Tauba Auerbach. The 8”x8” hardcover tome is pretty much an encyclopedia of every color in the RGB index. It’s huge, it’s gorgeous, and I want one.
I KNOW WHAT THIS NEEDS
It’s like they were made for each other.
Sensors alight, the pen trailed itself sensually down the gradient shift from yellow to blue along ample curve of paper, dipping closer and closer to the book’s spine.
“Can you imagine it?” the pen whispered, whirring and selecting #00563F with practiced intimacy. “Just picture it. With your collection and my potential…we can color the world.”
A pen and a book
A notepad and a clock
CAN I REQUEST A DOUBLE DATE??
request accomplished -
How the fuck did it end up like this
*whispers* make an anime
*whispers* I have a need for this to happen
Sorry, I cannot resist.
I AM SO HAPPY THAT I STARTED THIS BECAUSE WOW THIS ENDING IM FANGIRLING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LIVING ROOM IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE FAMILY AND IDK IM HAPPY OK